BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
- Legacy Leaders are invited to a self-determined program that aims to build on the strengths of the individual in relation to self and others.
- Legacy Leaders receive specialized support as they gather, develop and share their life teachings.
- Legacy Leaders receive a $75,000 fellowship award annually for three years.
- Legacy Leaders are provided opportunities to engage one another within their circle and gather together twice annually to create a strong foundation of Indigenous sisterhood.
- Purpose of gatherings:
- Build trust and sisterhood within their circle
- Expand and deepen relationships with other Legacy Leaders circles and SAL program staff
- Engage in shared, sacred ceremonial processes
- Each selected Legacy Leader agrees to stand with a three-year exclusive commitment to Spirit Aligned Leadership program, during which time they will:
- Gather twice annually (April and October)
- Participate in regular communications
- Engage with peers in Legacy Leaders circles to deepen relationships
- Work together with our Director of Legacy Collections to gather and share life teachings through a self-determined process
- Must be a North American Indigenous woman elder (American Indian, First Nations, Métis, Inuit, Alaska Native or Native Hawaiian)
- Must provide documentation of membership within a North American Indigenous Nation or Tribe
- If individual is urban-based, must have active ties and relationship to an Indigenous community